Last week I closed the deal for a new reputation management campaign with a client of mine. This is a pretty interesting case, in that this is a client I have had for years who now needs to “shift” his branding from 1 industry to another. In fact it is important for the client to have all references to there prior career removed from the front page. what is most interesting about this is some of those properties are ones I put up in the first place =). I figured that this will be a good project to case study and outline each step as I go along.
What are We dealing with.
I am manipulating the first page rankings for 5 terms. Currently there are a variety of properties we have to remove. They include the following.
- Personal Business Website (easy)
- YouTube Interview (Will be easy to swap with the QDF method).
- 5 different “niche” directory listings (not so easy)
- Google Places Account (removable, BUT will stick for a while)
- Yelp Listing (hard)
I will be using the following properties to take over the front page.
- Twitter Profile (already first page)
- New Website (already first page, moving up and getting sub page to rank).
- New Youtube Video (thank you QDF)
- Youtube Profile Page
- Youtube Channel
- Google+ Profile
- Facebook Page
- Linked in Profile
- Pinterest Profile
- Pinterest Board
- Tumblr Account
- 3-5 Blog Posts
- 3-5 New Industry Profiles in Niche directories
- Scribd.com Profile
- About.me Profile
- Quora Profile
- Causes Profile
I will be using a Trello Board to track each property from setup/cleanup ->promotion -> ranked. I will also use Google drive to store all my documents (bios) and an excel sheet to track all profiles.
Content I am collecting from my client include:
- Bio’s (They are writing me 10 ranging in length from 300 words to 700 words)
- Photos (15 total)
For every project like this, I create a gmail account specific to the client, and then set up an email from there domain I can send send and receive (in gmail) from.
My link building strategies will be a mix of medium to low quality links and some tricky use of 301′s and canonical work. Ill update you guys when I am have an update (probably 1 week from this post). My goal is to have the project completed in 2 months time. Should be possible since we are working with existing TLD’s.
Okay, that is all for now. Simple project, seeming large in scale, but should be pretty easy to crank out.